Brightlobe is a VC-backed startup with an incredibly powerful mission: to bring its pioneering, game-based, developmental assessment to preschoolers – and the families, doctors and teachers who care for them – across the world. We’re building and deploying our platform in mid-2019, and looking for highly-talented and motivated individuals to help us build games that truly make a difference.
Brightlobe is looking for a software engineer with experience shipping at least 1 Unity game onto mobile platforms (iOS, Android) to take the lead in developing gameplay.
- Help lead the creation, vision and technical strategy of tools and the Brightlobe platform
- Develop gameplay for the platform
- Work closely with other engineers, designers and artists
- Participate in agile development and SCRUM
- Maintain a high-quality codebase
- Work in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- Make an impact on the lives of children around the world
- Be part of a playful, creative working environment that prizes your imaginative ideas
- Our workspace provides free coffee, drinks and snacks, wellness activities, social events and discounted access to a number of area restaurants and bars
- 3+ years professional development experience
- Demonstrated proficiency in Unity and C# (e.g. shipped titles)
- Application development experience at scale
- Experience of AR and/or VR development
- Back-end or full-stack development experience
- Experience with game optimization techniques
- Experience with AWS
- Continuous integration and automated testing experience
- Experience in a technical leadership role
- Commitment to performance, accessibility, security and reliability
- Effective communication and collaboration
- Creative and proactive approach
- Desire for continuous improvement
- Receptive to feedback
Following CV review, candidates moving on to the next stage will have an onsite coding test. Please note that you must have a right to work in the UK, as we are not able to offer visa sponsorship at this time. Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No recruiters, please!