This is an exceptionally rare opportunity for the best and brightest to make an impact: Brightlobe is looking for a backend and server engineer to take the lead in developing a highly-scalable and resilient backend (built on cloud infrastructure) to service our digital platform and games.
This is a role for a skilled backend engineer to lead our early-stage team in crafting our platform’s backend. In the process, you’ll develop your expertise and set the cornerstone for a career in tech leadership.
- Design, implement deploy and manage scalable, high-availability and secure backend services
- Work closely with client-side engineers to thoroughly plan platform features
- Participate in agile development and SCRUM by stewarding technical standards and quality
- Troubleshoot and optimize live systems
- Lead and implement API design and development
- Work in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- Make an impact on the lives of children around the world
- Be part of a playful, creative working environment that prizes your imaginative ideas
- Our workspace provides free coffee, drinks and snacks, wellness activities, social events and discounted access to a number of area restaurants and bars
- 3+ years of professional experience building and maintaining backend services
- Ability to deliver and maintain a major cloud service with large numbers of end users
- Proficient with a modern backend stack (e.g. Python, Ruby, Node.js or other)
- Experience in building solutions for push notifications, live events, A/B test frameworks, etc.
- Knowledge of the AWS suite (EC2, DynamoDB, SQL, Elasticsearch)
- Experience in unit testing, BDD, continuous integration and delivery
- Experience in configuring backends for digital health platforms
- Experience in building security tools and infrastructure
- Experience in proactively identifying and fixing security vulnerabilities
- Effective communication and collaboration
- Highly-imaginative and proactive approach
- Desire for continuous improvement
- Strong leadership skills
Following CV review, candidates moving on to the next stage will have a personal interview and an on-site coding test. Please note that you must have a right to work in the UK, as we are not able to offer visa sponsorship at this time. Please send your CV to email@example.com.
Brightlobe is a VC-backed startup with a powerful mission: to build a pioneering game-based platform that supports children’s growth and development – and brings together the families, doctors and teachers who look after them.
We’re looking for ambitious, visionary creative and technical leads to help us build games that make an impact. Join our small (but highly-driven) team – and take on the challenge of shaping technology that could change the lives of children around the world.