Brightlobe is a VC-backed startup with an incredibly powerful mission: to bring its pioneering, game-based, developmental assessment to preschoolers – and the families, doctors and teachers who care for them – across the world. We’re building and deploying our platform in mid-2019, and looking for highly-talented and motivated individuals to help us build games that truly make a difference.
Brightlobe is looking for a talented backend and server engineer with to take the lead in developing a highly-scalable and resilient backend (built on cloud infrastructure) to service our digital platform and games.
- Design, implement deploy and manage scalable, high-availability and secure backend services
- Work closely with client-side engineers to thoroughly plan platform features
- Participate in agile development and SCRUM by stewarding technical standards and quality
- Troubleshoot and optimize live systems
- Lead and implement API design and development
- The opportunity to work in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- The opportunity to make a measurable impact on the lives of children around the world
- Our workspace provides free coffee, drinks and snacks, wellness activities, social events and discounted access to a number of area restaurants and bars
- 3+ years of professional experience building and maintaining backend services
- Ability to deliver and maintain a major cloud service with large numbers of end users
- Proficient with a modern backend stack (e.g. Python, Ruby, Node.js or other)
- Experience in building solutions for push notifications, live events, A/B test frameworks, etc.
- Knowledge of the AWS suite (EC2, DynamoDB, SQL, Elasticsearch)
- Experience in unit testing, BDD, continuous integration and delivery
- Experience in configuring backends for digital health platforms
- Experience in building security tools and infrastructure
- Experience in proactively identifying and fixing security vulnerabilities
- Effective communication and collaboration
- Highly-imaginative and proactive approach
- Desire for continuous improvement
- Strong leadership skills
Following CV review, candidates moving on to the next stage will have an in-person interview. Please note that you must have a right to work in the UK, as we are not able to offer visa sponsorship at this time. Please send your CV and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No recruiters, please!