This depends on experience.
We craft tablet 📱 games that support a child’s growth + development 🌱 We bring parents, teachers and doctors – all across this big blue marble 🌏 – together. We’re building and deploying our platform in mid-2019, and looking for highly-talented and motivated individuals to help us build games that truly make a difference.
Brightlobe is looking for a software engineer with experience shipping at least 1 Unity game onto mobile platforms (iOS, Android) to take the lead in developing gameplay. You will:
- Help lead the creation, vision and technical strategy of tools and the Brightlobe platform
- Develop gameplay for the platform
- Work closely with other engineers, designers and artists
- Participate in agile development and SCRUM
- Maintain a high-quality codebase
- Troubleshoot and optimize live systems
- Work in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- Make an impact on the lives of children around the world
- Be part of a playful, creative working environment that prizes your imaginative ideas
- Our workspace provides free coffee, drinks and snacks, wellness activities, social events and discounted access to a number of area restaurants and bars
- 3+ years of professional experience building and maintaining backend services
- Ability to deliver and maintain a major cloud service with large numbers of end users
- Proficient with a modern backend stack (e.g. Python, Ruby, Node.js or other)
- Experience in building solutions for push notifications, live events, A/B test frameworks, etc.
- Knowledge of the AWS suite (EC2, DynamoDB, SQL, Elasticsearch)
- Experience in unit testing, BDD, continuous integration and delivery
- Experience in configuring backends for digital health platforms
- Experience in building security tools and infrastructure
- Experience in proactively identifying and fixing security vulnerabilities
- Effective communication and collaboration
- Highly-imaginative and proactive approach
- Desire for continuous improvement
- Strong leadership skills
Following CV review, candidates moving on to the next stage will have a personal interview and an on-site coding test. Please note that you must have a right to work in the UK, as we are not able to offer visa sponsorship at this time. Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.