This is an exceptionally rare opportunity for the best and brightest to make an impact: Brightlobe is looking for a software engineer with experience shipping at least 1 Unity game onto mobile platforms (iOS, Android) to take the lead in developing gameplay.
This is a role for a brilliant and go-getting Unity developer to lead our early-stage team in crafting our platform’s gameplay. In the process, you’ll develop your expertise and set the cornerstone for a career in tech leadership. You will:
- Lead the creation, vision and technical strategy of tools and the Brightlobe platform
- Develop gameplay for the platform
- Work closely with other engineers, designers and artists
- Participate in agile development and SCRUM
- Maintain a high-quality codebase
- Work in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- Make an impact on the lives of children around the world
- Be part of a playful, creative working environment that prizes your imaginative ideas
- Our workspace provides free coffee, drinks and snacks, wellness activities, social events and discounted access to a number of area restaurants and bars
- 3+ years professional development experience
- Demonstrated proficiency in Unity and C# (e.g. shipped titles)
- Application development experience at scale
- Experience of AR and/or VR development
- Back-end or full-stack development experience
- Experience with game optimization techniques
- Experience with AWS
- Continuous integration and automated testing experience
- Experience in a technical leadership role
- Commitment to performance, accessibility, security and reliability
- Effective communication and collaboration
- Creative and proactive approach
- Desire for continuous improvement
- Receptive to feedback
Following CV review, candidates moving on to the next stage will have a personal interview and an on-site coding test. Please note that you must have a right to work in the UK, as we are not able to offer visa sponsorship at this time. Please send your CV to email@example.com.
Brightlobe is a VC-backed startup with a powerful mission: to build a pioneering game-based platform that supports children’s growth and development – and brings together the families, doctors and teachers who look after them.
We’re looking for ambitious, visionary creative and technical leads to help us build games that make an impact. Join our small (but highly-driven) team – and take on the challenge of shaping technology that could change the lives of children around the world.